A new era of online cannabis delivery services was born back in 1996 when California legalized medical marijuana. Entrepreneurs were quick to seize the new…
The medicinal properties of cannabis are fast becoming widespread knowledge. Everyone knows someone using marijuana in Culver City to treat pain and other common conditions, such as anxiety, depression, cancer symptoms, migraines, and even glaucoma. However, the plant has a myriad of other medical uses, and many more are emerging from scientific studies almost daily.
Without further ado, here are seven lesser-known health conditions proven treatable with cannabis:
- Seizures and Epilepsy: As many ordering cannabis delivery in Culver City will tell you, marijuana reduces both the severity and frequency of epileptic seizures, and there is plenty of anecdotal evidence proving this fact. More and more parents of epileptics are demanding access to medical pot for their children, particularly strains high in cannabidiol, or CBD, and low in tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC.
THC is the psychoactive ingredient in weed. It is what makes users high. Products and strains low in THC and high in CBD are more suitable for young patients. Furthermore, a study conducted by researchers at New York University in 2015 showed a 50 percent reduction in seizures among epileptics consuming CBD. Although THC has medical benefits of its own, CBD is the constituent most effective for epileptics.
- HIV/AIDS: Despite there being no actual cure for HIV/AIDS, patients can find immense relief from their symptoms if they use cannabis medicinally. In one study, HIV-positive patients who were using marijuana ate better, slept better, gained weight, suffered less neuropathic pain, and were consistently in a much better mood than those who did not consume it.
- Asthma: Everyone knows that smoking harms the lungs, but despite the contradiction, asthma sufferers enjoy a much better quality of life if they smoke weed. Recent studies show that pot is not nearly as dangerous as tobacco and cigarettes, and more importantly, they prove its bronchial-dilating effects. The cannabinoids in marijuana actually open the airways, making it easier for those with asthma to breathe.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Research reveals that those afflicted with IBD can enjoy a notable improvement in quality of life, but they must consume marijuana. In a small study, with just 13 participants, findings showed those who smoked pot were gaining weight nicely. Not only that, but they also noticed a rise in their Body Mass Index scores, and they experienced much less pain than those who were not using cannabis.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Marijuana has long been easing the symptoms of Alzheimer’s patients. The symptoms associated with this disease are particularly nasty, including anxiety, aggression, insomnia, depression, and even hallucinations. Pot slows beta-amyloid production, which scientists believe the primary contributor to the onset of Alzheimer’s, which means it can protect against the disease, or delay its development.
- Menstrual Pain: Millions of women suffer severe pain during their menstrual cycles. Although technically not a disease, it is still a major issue, and for some of them, the pain is so debilitating that they are unable to work or perform even simple tasks while on their period. Marijuana is a scientifically proven pain reliever, and it is so effective that it is easing the discomfort of menstrual cramps for women worldwide.
- Multiple Sclerosis: Some cannabis strains, particularly Indica varieties, have sedative properties. Early-stage studies indicate that patients experience a significant decline in muscle tremors, spasms, stiffness, and pain, while it also reduces the frequency and severity of painful muscle contractions. Those given cannabis extracts also slept better throughout the trial than those given placebos.
Cannabis Delivery in Culver City
For thousands of years, people have been relying on the healing properties of cannabis to treat a variety of medical conditions, but until recently, American culture frowned upon its use. Now, however, medical marijuana is legal in more than half of the United States, and if you need marijuana in Culver City, you can simply order it online and have it delivered directly to your doorstep, within 45 minutes or less.